Thursday, December 09, 2010

Picture of the Day: Corporate Event Photography - A Surprise Guest

I recently photographed a corporate dinner at the beautiful St. Regis Atlanta in Buckhead. During the cocktail hour as guests were arriving, two guests entered the room and my excitement overtook me. Ok, maybe "overtook" is too strong a word because I tend to put on the calmest face when I am stressed or excited in company where I need to hold it together. So maybe it's better to say that I was jumping up and down ... inside my head.

Andrew Young and his wife Carolyn entered the room with such grace. Andrew Young is like Atlanta royalty. He was Atlanta's mayor, UN Ambassador, US Congressman, executive director of the SCLC, colleague of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., founder of the Andrew Young Foundation, chairman of Southern African Enterprise Development Fund, and he received the Presidential Medal of Honor among many other accolades. And, as I quickly found out, he is such a nice man and very approachable. He asked me to take a few pictures throughout the evening of he and his wife so how could I refuse? Here are some of my favorites.






No comments:

Post a Comment