Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Picture of the Day

I mentioned on Facebook (are you a fan?) a few days ago that I was really excited about photographing a portrait session for an old client. It's really quite flattering. I photographed Mae 5 years ago when my business was really in its infancy. Mae was so adorable and her mom came up with a great idea for the session. She put Mae in a tutu and a precious star and ooodles of beautiful portraits were born. 5 years ago I didn't have a blog, so here are a few from the session. If you've been to the studio, you'll recognize this one immediately because it's hanging on one of our walls.




More cuteness:






Sadly, Mae and her parents moved up north a few years ago and I haven't heard from them for a while. So, when I got a call from Mae's mom a few weeks ago, I was so excited. Of course I remember them. How could I forget. This portrait session was one of my favorites.

So, Mae now has a little sister who is about the same age as Mae was when I photographed her years ago. The family planned a trip to Atlanta and wanted to schedule a session while they were in town. What a fabulous idea! Seriously, so flattered that they remembered me. Mae's mom told me that she's had portraits done of the girls since they left Atlanta, but that the photos I took remain her favorite.

Take a look at 7 year old Mae. She is so beautiful and I just LOVE her hair. Gorgeous thick auburn hair is my favorite.



Mae and her mom 5 years ago and today.




And here is Evie. It's quite amazing how much she looks like her sister. Ok, amazing maybe isn't the right word, because they are sisters afterall. But I just love it. Beautiful curls and the same vibrant personality.



And although we tried to get both girls into their tutu's, we weren't so successful. But I'm so glad I was able to capture this one of Evie. Can't you just hear her laughing?




Lovely girls. Can't wait to see you again soon! Let's try to make it sooner than 5 years though, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment