Monday, January 04, 2010

How do I cover the last 3 weeks in one post?

If you couldn't tell from my lack of blogging action, December was a bit crazy. And I'm sorry for ignoring you for too long. Hopefully you've been following me on Facebook and have become a fan on our fanpage so you haven't gone into withdrawal. I kid, I kid (as in the words of Jeff Dunham) I know you didn't go into withdrawal because you were just as busy, I'm sure!

Over the holiday weekend, I wrote a list of all the things I want to blog about and the list isn't even complete at 15 items. So, get ready for some mad blogging throughout the next few weeks.

I'd like to begin with something a bit somber. On December 14th, my Great Aunt Esther passed away. She was 92 years old and lived a long and rich life. She was my Grandfather's sister and they had so much in common. She loved her family and relished the time she had with them. She had such a thirst for education and knowledge that she attended adult education classes at the local college in her 70's and 80's. She always had wonderful words of advice to share with me and never missed an opportunity to tell me how much my grandparents would have been proud of my accomplishments. In some ways, losing her was like losing another part of my grandfather, so it was an especially difficult thing to handle.

The last time I saw her was on my last visit to Seattle in March 2009. It meant a lot to me to be able to visit with her and I will cherish this photo forever.


Me, my niece Elizabeth and Aunt Esther in March 2009

_____________

Future blogging....
Best of 2009
Incorporated? Wha?
We're Google's favorite, no really!
A Christmas family portrait
Weekend session change

No comments:

Post a Comment