Monday, July 14, 2008

10 things ...

Last summer, I was "tagged" to write "10 Things" on my blog. The 10 things that most people don't know about me. I was kind of saving this post for a slow time of year when I didn't have much to say, but THANKFULLY, I've been so busy that I'm really never at a loss for something to post here. Love to hear what you think about all these random things about me, so feel free to leave a comment.

10. I love recycling. Since I've been recycling since high school, I've become so accustomed to recycling everything from junk mail and printer paper to soup cans and cardboard packaging. In fact if I see a small piece of paper in the garbage I will often reach in to "rescue" it (only if it's not covered in rotten food! Not like the "Eclaire" episode of Seinfeld.)

9. I used to dance in college. It's true. I danced with a student group called D'Motions at the University of Rochester. I absolutely loved it. We danced to everything from country to rap to R&B. Despite my nervousness about performing, I really enjoyed moving to music especially Michael Jackson and Seal.

8. I love chocolate. Ok, so not so much a surprise, but the interesting part is I love Hershey's over Ghiradeli, M&M's over chocolate mousse. I'm not the fancy chocolate kinda girl. Just give me a Hershey's kiss and I'll grin from ear to ear. My brother calls it "my chocolate face."

7. I am really sentimental. If you couldn't tell from the images I photograph, relationships are the most important thing in the world to me. And to remember friends, family and experiences, I save all kinds of things. I recently found a box filled with old notes. The notes I used to pass with friends in elementary school were all about whether or not I thought a particular boy was cute. "Check Yes or No." Notes in middle school were about our plans to go to the movies that weekend. Notes in summer camp were goodbye notes, recounting how wonderful the summer was and how much we were going to miss each other. High school notes were always folded so intricately that it was difficult to get it back once I had read the note. But it did serve well for slipping them through the vents in my locker. I have a feeling that the time of written notes is long gone. Everyone's texting now instead, right? It is definitely better for the environment, but just not the same.

6. I think if I wasn't a photographer, I'd probably have gone to school for interior design. I just love figuring out what kind of feeling I want to have in a room and then finding items to go along with it. My only problem is that I have a hard time making final decisions so things like the walls in our living room have gone almost completely bare since we moved in over a year ago.

5. I've been practicing yoga for over 5 years. It brings me great peace and I love how it clears my head and resets me after a long day. It's also great for toned arms. :)

4. Everyone with my last name is somehow related. Pretty rare these days.

3. I'm going to be an Aunt! My brother and sister-in-law are pregnant and due in August and I can't wait to photograph the little one! She will be the first grandchild in our family and it is so exciting! My mom already started knitting a sweater and hat. :) (Creativity runs in the family.)

2. My favorite band is The Police (next to my fiance's band, the Nick Edelstein Band, of course.) They were the first band I fell in love with when I was 10. My brother bought the "The Singles" cassette for my birthday and I listened to it so much, I actually wore out the cassette. By some stroke of amazing luck, I won tickets last year from DaveFM to see The Police in Phoenix. They flew us out there, got us a hotel room and tickets to the show. It was amazing to see them after listening to themso many years.

1. I attended an all-girls' high school.
My parents were generous enough to give me the choice of a coed school and the one I ended up going to. Why choose all-girls? My brother went to the coed school and after 5 years in elementary school known as "Jeff's little sister," I wanted to carve my own path. Plus I had made some wonderful girl friends in summer camp and figured that school would just be one big camp party. Instead what I found was a place where young women were empowed to become whoever they wanted. It was the biggest confidence boost of my life and one of the primary reasons why I had the confidence to start my own business.


If you made it all the way to this point, you deserve your own handful of Hershey's kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment