Friday, August 03, 2007

Rock it, Sheetrock!

The remodel continues... On Wednesday, we went to Lowe's to get the insulation and Sheetrock. Sheetrock is heavy! Especially when the two pieces are still joined. I managed to help Nick load up 7 sheets and as we finished up, an employee came over to offer help. Funny that she showed up as we were loading the last piece. Anyway, she says to me, "You're strong! I can see that you're a do-it-all-your-own kind of girl! Even your hair looks nice." HA! So sweet and a total boost when I was feeling exhausted. :)

Ahhhh, beautiful Sheetrock...

Here are some pictures of the kitchen in its raw look. (The new look this Fall) Nick is still running all the electrical and phone lines, but since this picture, we managed to finish the far wall and put up some insulation on the long one.



Yesterday all the cabinets arrived! Wooohoo! And they look beautiful. Never thought I'd love a cabinet so much. I'll post some more pictures after this weekend of hanging cabinets. After all the DIY shows, now I finally get to see them installed in person and actually help too.

No comments:

Post a Comment